Brian's Travel Journal

Thursday, May 12, 2005

Bomb


I went through this train station just 6 HOURS after this incident and didn't know until now! Holy Crap! http://edition.cnn.com/2005/WORLD/asiapcf/05/12/thailand.bombs.reut/index.html

Addition: It occured to me some days later a broken conversation I had with my hired car driver taking me to the border. It went something like

Driver: "Over there...that hill is Thailand, you know?"
Brian: "Really? Great, so we're close?"
D: Very close
Then there was a police roadblock. Driver says "Crazy Thais"
B: Huh, looking for illegal immigrants into Malaysia?
D: Something mumbled in Malaysian
B: Ok, then
D: Bomb, Bomb! You know?
B: What?
D: Bomb. and he points to Thailand
B: Sure, I know. (I guess people sometime bomb stuff in Thailand. Not really knowing what the heck he was talking about)...Turns out he was trying to tell me about this story and what I was about to take a train into. Hmph.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home