Brian's Travel Journal

Sunday, April 17, 2005

Gotta Go (Part 3)

Seriously, it's one thing to not have western toilets available. Fine, if you like your hole in the floor, go for it. But whenever you get into Muslim countries they introduce the concept of water into the picture. OK, so you like to use your hand and then wash it and your bum off with the hose. I don't. I also don't like being wet with my clothes on or having the entire restroom soaked. (I guess that's why in some countries it's called a "water closet").

My major complaint is this: don't try to marry the western toilet with the middle eastern hose! It just creates wet toilet seats. Is it water? Is it pee? I don't know. Then I'm faced with the choice of squatting anyway...OR using some of what precious TP I'm carrying to dry the seat.

Well, that's my restroom rant of the week. I guess life is full of trivial dilemmas.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home