Brian's Travel Journal

Sunday, February 20, 2005

Big Mac Attack

Yesterday we celebrated one month on the road at McDonalds. It wasn't very difficult to avoid the golden arches all this time, but once I sunk my teeth into that crispy, yellow fry...it tasted like pure Americana and I loved it. It's funny the things you crave when you can't obtain them readily (boy would I kill for a turkey sandwich w/ mayo!). I hardly ever drink CocaCola at home, but every few days I get one just for the familiar flavor in my mouth. I also had to resort to Mike Roth's "Dorito Trick" to calm my squigly stomach after a nice steamy bowl of pig intestine soup w/ noodles. Yum-Yum.

Taiwan has been amazing. What a neat pseudo-country. The highlight day was a trip to Toroko Gorge. An enormous scar on the earth with five rivers all dumping massive amounts of water into it, carving ever deeper into the rock. We walked through a pitch black cave with showers of water dumping our heads...one word: exhilarating! Then topped off the day sitting at the top of a five story pagoda, precariously perched at the edge of a cliff overlooking this tiny town at the gateway to the gorge. As darkness rolled in we jammed to tunes and ate peanut butter savoring a truly unforgettable day.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home