Brian's Travel Journal

Thursday, August 04, 2005

Resistance

This morning I landed in Tel Aviv, Israel. As expected I was met with a barrage of questions. What is your purpose here? Where have you come from? Is this your first time to Israel? Where are you traveling to? Do you have a return ticket? Why don't you have a return ticket? What did you do in Malaysia? How long have you been traveling? When and where did you start? What did you do in Egypt? How long were you in the United Arab Emerites? What kind of work do you do? How are you able to get so much time off? Do you have any friends or family in Israel? Where are you staying in Tel Aviv? Why did you pick this place? Do you have a guidebook? Can I see it? OK, enjoy your stay. And that was BEFORE I got to passport control. I got a usual requestioning there and got pulled aside by security personelle again after passport control with another round of the above quiz. WOW! This is my welcome to the holy land. Not to mention the throngs of soldiers in the airport with US made automatic weapons. And the UN security force that is staying in my hostel. One thing is for sure: It's going to be interesting.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home