Brian's Travel Journal

Saturday, July 02, 2005

Censorship: Fun for the whole family

Welcome to the world of communism. Where the government gets rich, people stay poor, and corruption runs rampant. It's also a damn fine place to censor the internet. I cannot access certain web pages here in Vietnam including MSNBC, or any kind of page that contains a BLOG. By some miracle I am able to log onto the main blogspot page and post information, but I can't view my finished product or the comments. Hopefully, you are all able to view these writings better than I. If you have any questions please pose them to my email account until I'm free from the "red zone."

Today I spent my helping a girl learn English in the park. At her request, we practiced conversation and read out of her book. I was of course leary at first, but she was genuine and just wanted help from a native English speaker. Pretty rewarding actually.

I have also decided that it would be totally feasable to walk accross the street here blindfolded. Even through all the chaos. All you'd have to do is walk straight, keep a steady pace and every single car and scooter will veer around you unscathed. It made me actually wonder if it's safer here crossing the street than at home.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home