Brian's Travel Journal

Saturday, November 12, 2005

Frustrated

What a frustrating day I have had. For those who are not aware...I'm trying to find work in London. And today my loophole into the UK just closed. There is a program called the HSWV: Highly Skilled Work Visa which I believed I totally qualified for. To my disdain, they recently closed the loophole. In May of this year they changed the automatic 65 points for an MBA to only qualify for the top 50 business schools in the world. Shiznit! I knew I should have went to Harvard instead of Colorado University. So, now I'm still filing out this form and scraping for points. The other way to score was if I can prove I was a high wage earner for the last 12 months. Yeah, haven't worked the last 11 months. So, now I am forever trapped in the cycle of "you need a job to get a work permit, but you need a work permit to get a job."

The worst part is that my current financial situation may keep me trapped in the states which makes it MUCH more difficult to interview for a UK job. I just can't afford to be in one of the worlds most expensive city for two months with no salary. Now what? Get a job to get a job? Ugh!

4 Comments:

  • At 10:18 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    I suggest you open a Lebanese resturant. It seems to work for everyone else in London.

     
  • At 2:36 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    All I can say is keep on trucking...took me 7 months and that was when I was ALREADY living in the UK! Just don't get stuck...I know you won't.
    Sunny
    xxxx

     
  • At 12:54 AM, Blogger bdvankeuren said…

    Hmmmm....Lebanese. It just might be crazy enough to work! After my brief stint in Thailand of all places I actually know a little bit about the Lebanese...

     
  • At 2:41 AM, Blogger Joshua said…

    Maybe you should work for Leslie Ltd.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home