Brian's Travel Journal

Friday, November 04, 2005

Rocky Moutain High

I hate to fill up space quoting John Denver lyrics. And I never thought I'd say this but: he totally nailed me. He nailed this place. He really nailed how I feel. Since leaving the United States I have a new profound appreciation for this artist. I'll keep it to the first verse...but if you know me well...you know how this song lyric stuff works with me.

He was born in the summer of his twentyseventh year
coming home to a place he'd never been before.

He left yesterday behind him
you might say he was born again
you might say he found a key to ev'ry door.

When he first came to the mountains his life was away
on the road and hangin' by a song.
But the string's already broken and he doesn't really care
it keeps changin' fast and it don't last for long.

But the Colorado Rocky Mountain high

I've seen it rainin' fire in the sky.
The shadow from the starlight
is softer than a lullaby.
Rocky mountain high in Colorado.
Rocky mountain high in Colorado.

2 Comments:

  • At 1:35 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Do you believe in musical soul mates? I think I do, and I think you're mine! So glad to see you're still writing - it means your journey isn't over yet...

     
  • At 8:52 PM, Blogger Rob said…

    Hey, man, you don't have to apologize for quoting a great song.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home