Brian's Travel Journal

Friday, September 16, 2005

Pyramids

I know I've been getting down on Egypt in the last few posts. But it really is an amazing country and so much more inviting that some of the other Middle Eastern destinations I have visited. Lots of hieroglyphics, tombs, ruins and of course the pyramids. They rank up there as one of the most amazing things I have seen on this trip. According to our tour guide it is the last surviving wonder of the ancient world. It will still take some centuries yet to crumble them to oblivion. These structures are of a monumental scale that pictures can never do justice. The Great Pyramid is comprised of boulders that weigh over a metric ton each. It is said that if all the stones were taken from the Great Pyramid, they would build a wall 3 meters high and circumnavigate France! I'm telling you now: you've got to see it to believe it.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home